Sunday 17 February 2013

Revelations - Julie Lynn Hayes - An Interview with Lucifer



Interview


Perhaps some of you have read the interviews that author Julie Lynn Hayes did with my esteemed colleagues, Jesus and Judas. While Jesus is an honorable man, let’s just say that I don’t trust Judas Iscariot very far. He tends to be a bit… how shall I put it… prejudiced? He doesn’t exactly see both sides of an issue. And without both sides, how can you make a fair assessment?

So perhaps it’s time for me to add myself to the equation. You can call me Lucifer.

I’ve chosen to return to the wilds of Wales to visit Nephylim again. Interesting woman. However, I think we shall not speak there. I’m craving something a little more… stimulating. So I’ve sent her a ticket with instructions on how to reach me. I’m waiting for her now. It’s a little spot I know called Divine Intermezzo. The owner is one of Ms. Hayes’ creatures. But never fear, we shan’t be dealing with him tonight.

Just me and Nephylim.

Sounds cozy, doesn’t it?

Well, isn’t this just a fancy place? Haven’t seen so much disco since I was a teenager. Never liked it then, don’t like it now. Thankfully, the other side of the bar is much more to my liking, with candle light and cosy nooks. I know he’ll be in there waiting for me, but the hell I’m going to go looking, even though he is just about the sexiest man I’ve seen this side of Eden. I’ll get myself a drink and see what crawls out of the woodwork. JD, of course. Neat, on the rocks.

She’s standing at the bar, playing hard to get. I chuckle to myself at the nonverbal challenge she’s just issued.  Luckily for her I’m in the mood for games.  With a wave of one hand, I freeze every other person in this place, except for the two of us. Once she’s gotten her drink, of course. I dim the lights to a seductive level. And then I highlight the path that leads from the bar to where I sit, placing a spotlight on myself.
Only way she could miss this is if she was blind, and we know that’s not true.
For good measure, I shower her path with rose petals. Corny, but generally effective.

“Rose petals? Really?” I slip into the booth and put my JD on the table. “The neon arrows and spotlight, I can totally understand but do I really look like the kind of gal who goes for pink roses? You could at least have made them deep red.”

If he thinks he’s going to charm me that easily, he’s sorely mistaken ;although, of course, he isn’t. He knows me better than that. Way better than that. It’s not as if we haven’t met before.

“So,” I say, taking out my tablet. “This thing with Jesus then?”

She wants red, she can have red. Instantly the pink has been replaced by a deep maroon. And I’ve exchanged my grey Armani suit for a black one, with a scarlet tie. I lean across the table and arch an eyebrow. “We can do better than that, you know?” Instantly a bottle of Moet and Chandon Dom Perignon, nestled in a platinum ice bucket, appears on the table along with two glasses.
Yes, I’m a show-off and I know it.

“This thing?” I return her gaze without flinching. “Can you elaborate on just what  you mean by ‘this thing’? “

“I hear you’ve been interfering again. Not that I have an issue with that, of course, I just want the story. Oh, and I thought you’d remember how much I hate champagne.”

I lean back and sip on my JD. Wow, he’s hot. He’s a bit up himself, but then he’s Lucifer. What’s the point pretending you’re not the sexiest goddamn angel in hell?

Having proven my point—namely that the person I choose to please the most is myself before anyone else—I pour a glass of pricey bubbles and watch her over the rim. “Interfering? Moi?” I cock my head, as if considering the question. “I prefer to think of it as enlightening, darling. After all, it’s been two thousand years and neither one has a clue. About time, don’t you think?”

Of course, we have that bet going on. God and I. It’s not like I intend to lose that, but I have many angles, of course. It’s what I do.

“What I think isn’t the issue, is it? Personally, I think Jesus needs to loosen up and get a life, but then I’ve never gone for the ‘holier than thou’ kind, no matter how sweet they are. He’s got the whole puppy dog thing going on. I’d feel guilty whipping him, even if he was begging for it. You, on the other hand….” I can’t help the giggle that bubbles up inside me. Unprofessional, I know, but the day I hear Lucifer begging to be whipped is the day I die and go to heaven, and we all know that isn’t going to happen.

“Seriously though, why this time? After two thousand years of dancing around each other, two thousand years of Judas making a martyr of himself and Jesus…well ,being Jesus, why should things change now? And why do you care anyway?”

“Who says I care?” I counter. “And I never said I thought there would be a change. That’s the point of the wager, love. God says he thinks there will be, I say there won’t. After two thousand years, I think Iscariot doesn’t have the balls. And as for Jesus... well, he’s an innocent. He isn’t about to initiate anything. How can he?” I openly smirk. “Now you, on the other hand, are no innocent, on that I am sure we are agreed, yes?” I reach my hand across the table and trail it along her jaw, lightly tracing a vein in her neck.

“I bet it wouldn’t take you two thousand years to realize that someone had the hots for you, now would it?”

“That depends. If you’re talking about yourself I wouldn’t be so foolish as to fall for that line. We’ve had our times but I’m not conceited enough to think I was ever anything more than a distraction. Which is fine, because that’s all you were to me.  You know as well as I do where my heart lies as far as fallen angels are concerned and sorry, hunny, but it ain’t with you. Not that I’d object to taking a stroll down memory lane, especially if it involves a stop off in the bedroom.”

Well that’s a first! Can it be that the great Lucifer actually blushed? He must be mellowing. He would never have done that back in the day.

“Anyway, we aren’t here to talk about us, we’re here to talk about you. What are you up to these days then? The whole ‘high horse morality’ thingdoesn’t suit you at all.”

 “Trying to win a bet,” I reply simply. “Oh, have you seen the latest gossip?” I pull a copy of a supermarket tabloid out of thin air. It falls on the table between us. On the cover is an obviously photoshopped picture of Jesus in his role as Joshua Stone, lead singer of the Apostles, and everyone’s favorite harlot. “Lurid, don’t you think? I can just imagine how much this put Judas’ knickers in a twist.”

Yes, he can be so very transparent when it comes to Jesus. Makes him so much fun to play with.

“You’re a bad man, a very bad man. That must be why I like you so much. So, what are your plans? Paint such a lurid picture of Jesus you’ll  force Judas out in the open? You’re walking a fine line there. You’re just as likely to drive him away. It’s happened before after all.”

Lucifer is a wicked, wicked man. I just wish he’d be wicked with me more often. If my own fallen angel can’t be with me it’s any port in a storm with me and Lucifer has a very nice port indeed.

“My plans?” I lean seductively over the table until my lips are mere micrometers away from hers. “I’m tired of discussing them. I’d rather talk about something more interesting... like me... What say we tell all your nice readers good-bye and go somewhere more... private? I can easily  make that happen, you know... Just say the word...”
“Let me just close the curtains over this interview. Don’t want any interesting parties peeping in on us do we? Okay…word.”

Bio

Now, I'm sure you want to read more about the power behind the luscious Lucifer, Julie Lynn Hayes

Julie Lynn Hayes was reading at the age of two and writing by the age of nine and always wanted to be a writer when she grew up. Two marriages, five children, and more than forty years later, that is still her dream. She blames her younger daughters for introducing her to yaoi and the world of M/M love, a world which has captured her imagination and her heart and fueled her writing in ways she'd never dreamed of before. She especially loves stories of two men finding true love and happiness in one another's arms and is a great believer in the happily ever after. She lives in St. Louis with her daughter Sarah and two cats, loves books and movies, and hopes to be a world traveler some day. While working a temporary day job, she continues to write her books and stories and reviews, which she posts in various places on the internet. Her family thinks she is a bit off, but she doesn't mind. Marching to the beat of one's own drummer is a good thing, after all.  Her published works can be found at Dreamspinner Press, and MuseitUp Publishing, and she has also begun to self-publish at various places on the Internet.  


And now let's have a taster of what the fuss is all about

Blurb:


Judas has never been very popular, not in any incarnation that he and Jesus and the others have lived through. But he doesn't care about that. All he cares about is following the instructions of God as set forth in the script that they follow. And Jesus. For Judas has secretly loved the son of God for over two thousand years.

But now he decides that enough is enough, and he's tired of watching Jesus die far too early, and for what? This time Judas is determined to see that Jesus lives a long and happy life, no matter what price he has to pay to accomplish it...no matter if he has to make a deal with the devil himself.

Revelations is a story of what could be, told by those who play it out, time after time after time, unbeknownst to the rest of mankind.  They've come back again, for yet another round.  But this time is going to be different. 



Excerpt:


Prologue: God
            It's not always easy to sit on the sidelines and watch what is happening, to resist the urge to intervene in his best interest.  My son's that is. Jesus. But I do so, because I know it's for his own good.  As well as for the good of mankind. I can't let my concerns as his father override my vested interest in the fate of man. But sometimes that is easier said than done.
            This morning I am not alone. Someone else is with me, someone with his own agenda, although we are not as diametrically opposed as some would imagine us to be. Good and evil aren't the simplistic concepts some would portray them as being—there are more grey areas there than you might think. And rightly so.
            He smirks. Too much for my taste, I have to admit, but sometimes he does have his moments, and he too has a part to play in what is happening in the world of men. Someone needs to fill the role of the villain, after all.
            The stage is being set for the third act, the scripts have been handed round, and the actors are taking their places. Will this time end any differently than the others? That depends on my son, on Jesus. I'm thinking this will be the time when he'll make the change.
            "He'll change nothing," Lucifer interjects, although I've asked him nothing, certainly not inquired as to his opinion. 
            I glance at him. He's dressed to within an inch of his life, and wears the most ridiculous sunglasses I've ever seen. I decide not to comment on his fashion sense. "I think he might, this time. I think he's ready for change."
            Lucifer snorts. "It's been two thousand years, and neither one has exactly caught on yet. Why should this time be any different?"
            "Care to put your money where your mouth is?"
            He eyes me carefully. "I would, but you see you have this whole mystic omnipotent God thing going on. Personally, I don't care for those odds."
            I arch an eyebrow. "I may be omnipotent, but Jesus does have free will  and he does possess the ability to make his own decisions. You think I'd stack the deck in my son's favor? Just to win a bet with you?"
            "Let's say I'm taking no chances." He smiles. "Tell you what, though—give me free rein.  Let me do what I want, and you not say anything or do anything to interfere with me? As far as they're concerned, that is."
            I open my mouth to object, he hastily interjects. "No killing, I swear to it."
            That's better. I still have some measure of control over the serpent.
            "So be it." I agree, turning my attention back to where it had been, to my son.  I'm smirking now. Openly.
            O ye of little faith, watch and learn.

  
Now that i'm sure you're desperate to rush out and buy the book, here's where you can find it.

My Links:

My Publishers:
Museit Up Publishing:  http://museituppublishing.com/










4 comments:

  1. Revelations is a great book that still has me thinking days after I finished it. Good luck, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revelations is a great book. It still has me thinking days after I finished. it. Good luck with, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marian! I appreciate all your support! I couldn't have done it without friends like you!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for putting up with Lucifer again, Nephy! Although I can tell, it wasn't exactly a hardship, was it? lol

    ReplyDelete